Learning to fold paper leaves is one of the basic things you can learn in paper crafts. It will be handy to learn making leaves because you can do crafts with leaves, make paper leaf garlands, use it in making paper flowers, etc.
Here, we have done a step-by-step tutorial of making two types of paper leaves. So shall we go into the tutorial?
Before moving onto the craft, we would appreciate it very much if you will check out our Youtube channel and subscribe to it. We upload new easy craft tutorials every week there.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which simply means that if you happen to purchase something, I get a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
The following are the materials needed to make paper leaf:
– Color paper (or any paper you have in hand)
Step-by-step tutorial to make paper leaf
1. Cut a square paper of size 10 cm * 10 cm.
2. Fold in half (vertically) from left to right as shown in pic 2.
3. Draw a line diagonally from top left corner to bottom right corner.
4. Cut along the diagonal line.
5. Now we get 3 pieces of paper.
6. We need only the folded paper (the piece of paper seen on the left side of pic 6). Discard the rest.
7. Now open the folded paper.
8-10. Starting from the bottom, fold the paper in a zig-zag manner. These folds are called concertina folds or zig-zag folds.
11-13. Continue folding in zig-zag way until you can leave a small triangular space on the top corner as shown in pic 13.
14. Now, make a bend and fold the paper in the middle as shown in the pic 14.
15-16. Apply glue in between the folds and stick them together.
17. The paper leaf is ready!
Now let’s move onto making the next paper leaf.
Paper leaf no. 2
1. Cut a square paper of size 10cm.
2. Fold the paper from left to right and make a crease.
3. As shown in pic 3, draw a random outline like a leaf. You can draw different shapes to get different types of leaves according to your liking. Like, making it a bit shorter, wider, etc.
4. Cut along the outline.
5. Open the folded paper.
6-8. Now start making zig-zag folds.
9-12. Continue folding in zig-zag way until you can leave a small triangular space on the top corner as shown in pic 12.
13-15. Make a bend in the middle and fold the paper in half. Apply glue in between the folds. Shape the base of the leaf.
16. And the paper leaf is ready!
Video tutorial to make paper leaf
In case you have any doubt regarding any step, feel free to watch the step-by-step video tutorial below. Please make sure you also subscribe to our Youtube channel to get more craft ideas every week.